1.18.2018

The loss of a friend.

Posting here has always been cathartic.

Sometimes funny.
Sometimes sad.
Always honest.

Today as I went to call my pal Glo to wish her happy birthday I was greeted with the message that her phone has been disconnected. This means that she is jetting around the universe and beyond, having a blast and no longer burdened by this planet and it's screwiness. I have lost someone who has known me my entire life.

And nobody told me she was gone...

She said her family would have a list of folks to notify in the event of her passing and that I was on it. I didn't want to get that call, but it's inevitable.

But shit... to call and be ready to wish her happy birthday and get a disconnect message was a definite call my ass into the present moment. We spoke every couple of months... and laughed really hard through most of those conversations. I'll miss her being one of my biggest cheerleaders.

With The Mother Unit in the hospital with a fair bit of pneumonia, now is not the time to break this news to her. They were coworkers at KTLA a gazillion years ago.  And her eyesight is so bad, I don't think she checks this blog anymore.  It's safe to say I got the feels around my family stuff. Glo was family in my world.

I'm gonna hold onto her laugh in my heart. I can hear it loud and clear.


No comments: