11.24.2017

And it went from 0 to 48mph and then back to 0.

The National Day of Eating.

So much prep. So much hype. And...

Damn. That tasted pretty good!

This is what the feast for three people looked like in transit.  















This is what my National Day of Eating looked like.













The Mother Unit was in good spirits, and while I wasn't there all day, it was the perfect calculated mission. She ate nearly everything on her plate and passed on pie after because she was too full.  Fine by me. She ate well.

I got home just a little before 6pm and realized how grateful I am every day (ok... most days) for this time with her. It may not be a glamorous or exciting life I am creating but it's certainly got some super good human connection and community.

Yup. I'll take it.


No comments: